Job no: 505058
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating with & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics currently has more than sixty continuing academic staff and more than thirty research staff as well as visiting academics. UNSW is the only university in Australia to be ranked in the top 100 in the world in Mathematics and Statistics by each of the four ranking bodies: CWTS Leiden, ARWU, USNews, QS.
As a member of the School’s administration team, this position supports activities as required within the School.
About the role
- $70K - $86K plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of Administrator reports to the School Manager and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Undertake reception duties and attend to email enquiries from staff, student and other stakeholders and/or direct enquiries to appropriate staff.
- General administrative/clerical duties in the School office including filing, photocopying, accepting/arranging deliveries and couriers, mail sorting, etc)
- Maintain/order School’s stationary and supplies and other purchases using the online purchasing system and reconcile transactions.
- Administer the School’s equipment booking system.
- Organise room and desk allocation for new staff members, academic visitors and students and prepare information packs for new staff and academic visitors.
- Maintain the School’s key register.
- Provide administrative support to student services on exam processes.
- Take minutes in school meetings as and when required.
- Actively assist the School’s WHS committee and complete risk assessments for the School as required.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Coordinate meetings including meeting room set up and preparing necessary documentation for meetings and committees.
- Support operations by accessing and engaging with the various shared service interfaces and divisions, across a broad range of administrative functions according to the needs of the work unit.
- Finance administration support and other administrative duties as directed by the School Manager and Head of School.
- Provide assistance to the School’s workshops, conferences and other events.
- Provide training to new or casual School office staff as required.
- Build and sustain effective collaborative working relationships with School stakeholders, including
- School’s senior staff, faculty, and other external stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the review of relevant School processes and recommend actions if required.
- Apply, interpret and advise on relevant policies and procedures; contribute to the development, continuous improvement and implementation of administrative systems and guidelines.
- Maintain the efficient operation of the School office and support senior admin staff in improving the efficiency and accuracy of routine workflows and School procedures.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Associate diploma or relevant work experience or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed timeframes
- Strong time management, office management and organisational skills, ability to work well under
- pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound analytical and problem-solving skills and proven experience in business improvement activities.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Sound computer skills in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, the use of internet, relevant databases and web maintenance software (if relevant).
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
- Demonstrated administrative experience within a large and complex institution or equivalent.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of protocols, procedures, guidelines and administrative systems.
- Knowledge of NSS financial systems.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholders at all levels across an organisation.
- A performance-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to act with a high level of independence, initiative, problem solving, analysis and judgment to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Advanced word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, internet and e-mail skills, including proficiency with computer packages including Microsoft Office.
- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: January 25th, 2022
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend