Research Assistant - RuralKidsGPS Project
Job no: 503319
Work type: Part-time
Location: Regional NSW
Categories: Research Administration support
Employment Type: Part-time (14 hours per week)
Duration: 12-month contract
Location: Rural Clinical School in Wagga Wagga (travel within the region required)
Remuneration: $76,590 (pro-rata)
- Work with some of the best minds in your field.
- Be in a place that’s at the forefront of delivering and sharing education and research.
- Be inspired by the talent and passion of colleagues and students.
The Research Assistant will support the RuralKidsGPS project, which extends and adapts to rural settings a successful model of care developed within Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN): Kids Guided Personalised Service (KidsGPS). More information on the project can be found here
The Research Assistant is responsible for recruiting and working with the children as part of the projects internal research and service evaluation activities.
The Research Assistant will work within the Population Child Health research group, supporting research service on the RuralKidsGPS trial of care coordination for children with complex health care needs.
The successful Research Assistant will be based at the Rural Clinical School in Wagga Wagga (Murrumbidgee region) and required to travel throughout the region to carry out quantitative and qualitative research data collection
Skills and Experience
- A university degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
- Advanced time management, organisational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Full, clean NSW Driver’s license
- Highly proficient computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience supporting and contributing to projects and initiatives
- Experience in working with families either in a clinical or research capacity
- Knowledge of the rural health environment and the key issues and challenges facing rural communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
Verification of qualifications and Working With Children Checks (WWCC) will be required prior to offer of employment
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Applications close: 11.55pm, Thursday 4 November 2021
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience. 00097880 - Research Assistant Level 5 07102021 (1).pdf
Skye Logan - Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend