Job no: 503825
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Fixed Term
Remuneration: $111044 - $125115 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
The Business Analyst supports the Head of Campus Solutions and Campus Solutions team in developing and embedding new processes and systems within Estate Management (EM).
The Business Analyst will ensure the effective and efficient implementation and use of business systems and data management tools to provide business optimisation advice and promote process improvement.
The position is responsible for developing protocols, procedures and training material as well as actively engaging with EM staff and stakeholders to ensure smooth transition between Campus Solutions team and the system or process owner.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Design, implement and configure complex IT solutions on multiple platforms technologies. This may include front-end web application platforms, back-end web application frameworks, cloud-based infrastructure platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure), and SaaS products.
- Run business process discovery workshops, document, analyse, seek feedback and revise to get accurately documented business process.
- Run SOR workshops to help design scope for system change projects.
- Manage project and enhancement engagements with vendors to ensure they understand the SOR brief and accurately reproduce that in the system.
- Manage Jira based sprints with vendors for ongoing BAU system changes.
- Prepare unit/system/user acceptance test cases to validate delivered solutions. and test complex solutions
- Manage and support the end-to-end delivery of business system solutions.
- Provide support and advice as required on end users training to ensure adequate training on the use of the solutions is provided.
- Engage and collaborate with the relevant technical staff in UNSW IT to manage environments, deployments, and tenancy administration activities.
- Identify, recommend, and implement process and policy improvements within the IT environment
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a business analyst
- Demonstrated experience with Business Process Mapping Notation (BPMN)
- Ability to run and facilitate process workshops
- Knowledge of network architecture, Azure Active Directory, cyber security principles, integration technologies would be beneficial
- Experience with Asset management systems will be highly regarded
- Experience with service request and security systems would be beneficial.
- Project management skills with demonstrated experience coordinating the design and delivery of project engagement and implementation requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and review protocols and guides at a high standard.
- Experience with Reporting Tools will be highly regarded (Power BI, Tableau etc…)
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Applications close: Tuesday 25th January 11.55pm (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend