Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence Systems
Job no: 502039
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
You will be conducting independent research and delivering excellent teaching in the area of artificial intelligence (AI) systems applied to autonomous systems. Your work will contribute to research and teaching that bridges both theoretical and practical aspects of AI. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that is helping to shape the future direction of computing & AI in Australia. The students and research produced in CSE can impact the world!
The role of Lecturer reports to the Head of School and has no direct reports.
- Level B Salary, $109,365 to $128,926 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- 5-year Convertible Tenure Track (CTT)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
This position is within the School of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) which is the largest and most prestigious school of computing in Australia. It offers undergraduate programs in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Bioinformatics, as well as a number of combined degrees with other disciplines. Our research and teaching staff are world leading and world building as they advance knowledge and learning. People join CSE for the opportunity to work with top-tier students and to join a community of scholars who support them to achieve their full potential.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in artificial intelligence systems related to autonomous systems, computer science and engineering or related area.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research in artificial intelligence systems applied to autonomous systems.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- A track record of significant involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Willingness to undertake any compliance and supervisor training as required.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description - Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence Systems (502039).pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: If you're interested in an academic career in a role that conducts independent research and delivers excellent teaching in AI please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience.
Applicants are actively encouraged not to include conference/journal/CORE rankings but should instead focus on the impact of their research outputs in describing the excellence of their research.
Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Tuesday, 6th July 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend