The Academic Coordinator is part of the AGSM Academic Team and works closely with the Academic Director and PT MBA Director to provide world class, innovative learning and teaching.
This role reports into the AGSM Academic Director and has no direct reports.
- Level 7
- Full time
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
• Teaching allocations: Coordinate the teaching allocation process in collaboration with the Academic Director and in consultation with the Program Delivery Coordinator. This includes coordinating with UNSWBS School Managers and maintaining an up-to-date, comprehensive Sessional Database.
• Recruitment of new teaching staff: Coordinate annual and ongoing recruitment of teaching staff to meet the changing needs of AGSM programs and to strengthen the diversity of teaching staff.
• Onboarding: Coordinate the onboarding of all teaching staff who are new to AGSM in collaboration with the Director of PT MBA Programs. Liaising with the Operations Manager to facilitate teaching contracts and the Education Development Team to ensure access to course materials, and LMS sites. Ensure staff have timely access to teaching resources and facilities (i.e., zid, email address, swipe card and Moodle) and receive training in technology if needed.
• Professional development: Coordinate development resources and activities for sessional staff and source new resources where needed. Coordinate the Faculty Development Workshop each term.
• Faculty communications. Manage the AGSM Faculty Community site on Microsoft Teams. Coordinate the Welcome to Term faculty newsletter. Manage all communication to AGSM faculty on course and faculty evaluations and reminders on student participation.
• Students marks. Liaise with Student Experience and Educational Development to compile a report of final marks for approval by the AGSM Academic Director and UNSW Academic Review Group meeting.
• Student feedback. Produce timely reports on mid-term, term course and faculty evaluations and coordinate systematic and comprehensive feedback to AGSM facilitators in collaboration with the AGSM Academic Director and PT MBA Director.
• Governance. Liaise with UNSWBS Governance Officer to ensure all program and course changes are accurate and submitted on time for key governance meetings and processes. Ensure all information on learning and teaching policies are provided to teaching staff and implemented.
• Program reviews and innovation. Provide support for AGSM program reviews and new initiatives.
• Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct.
• Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification and minimum of three years’ work experience in a university or other large institutional environment, preferably with faculty and students.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Coordination of a large contingent workforce, preferably faculty.
• Stakeholder management of a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
• Implementing governance processes and policy, preferably in a university or government setting.
• Monitoring, analysing and reporting on complex data.
• Demonstration of quality improvement initiatives, process improvement and innovative thinking.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online via https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed on the UNSW Jobs website.