The Project Officer (EDI), individually and in collaboration with the EDI Chair, identifies and delivers innovative, relevant and timely equity initiatives in support of Business School EDI objectives and as part of the wider UNSW 2025 Strategy for social justice. This position is accountable for the design, implementation and delivery of Business School equity policies and programs, coordination of EDI committee meetings and optimisation of their output. The incumbent will support the EDI Chair with effective project management and delivery of services that reflect the changing equity needs of Faculty staff, students and our partners.
The position reports to the Senior Deputy Dean, and will have a close working relationship with the central Workplace Diversity Team, including UNSW Diversity Champions.
There are no direct reports, however, the Project Officer (EDI), who reports to the Senior Deputy Dean will work closely with the Chair to support achievement of EDI objectives.
- 12 Month Maternity leave FTC
- Level 7
- Kensington, Sydney
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
• Undertake a wide range of duties in contribution to UNSW Business School EDI objectives and
UNSW 2025 social justice strategy.
• Be the subject matter expert on EDI, provide high level management to the Faculty EDI matters
including EDI committee coordination and implementation of EDI programs and initiatives.
• Undertake end-to-end project management including project design, development,
implementation, documentation and evaluation in line with Faculty EDI strategy and UNSW 2025 strategy.
• Work with the EDI Chair and the UNSW Workplace Diversity Team to ensure activities and programs are coordinated with central diversity initiatives and leverage resources to maximise program impacts.
• Under the guidance of the EDI Chair and other Faculty stakeholders; plan, develop and deliver new, emerging or current equity and diversity policies, programs and other initiatives to achieve identified EDI objectives.
• Work within a defined project delivery lifecycle to deliver and prioritise projects through regular consultation with the EDI Chair and Senior Deputy Dean. Develop and establish systems for work design, work preparation processes, evaluation of delivery outcomes and other reporting needs.
• Develop and maintain effective policy and procedural documents related to EDI.
• With the EDI Committee and Project Manager (EDI) review, analyse and report on the effectiveness of projects and initiatives through development and delivery of progress reports and evaluations.
• Develop effective ways to work with managers, staff, students and the EDI committee to ensure that initiatives are communicated, implemented and effectively delivered.
• Represent the UNSW Business School at University EDI forums and meetings and act as the key point of contact within Faculty on EDI issues/trends.
• Work with Faculty partners to develop and deliver high quality equity information, communications and promotional material.
• In conjunction with Human Resources, provide guidance and support for staff/civilian students
with a disability, in accordance with the UNSW Reasonable Adjustment Guidelines.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure that Faculty-led projects are in alignment with 2025 initiatives.
• Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct.
• Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Skills and Experience
• Tertiary degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of relevant education, training and/or experience.
• Capable to think strategically and to translate identified objectives into concrete outcomes.
• Successful experience delivering projects within agreed timeframes with the ability to interpret policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate policies and programs and utilise people management skills to bring projects to fruition in a timely manner.
• Sound knowledge regarding equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and issues.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to negotiate outcomes and a demonstrated ability to work positively and respectfully with people from a diversity of backgrounds, both from within and outside the university community.
• High level computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Please apply online via https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed on the UNSW Jobs website.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Sunday 31 January 2021