- 3 year fixed term contract
- Level 8 (up to $122,649 + 17% Super + Leave loading)
Specialist – PeopleSoft
The Specialist – PeopleSoft provides specialist services in relation to the implementing, managing, operating, supporting and monitoring of the IT Managed Systems environment for all of UNSW. This role may support across virtual environments including Application, Networking, and other Microsoft and Linux related environments providing services to UNSW staff, students and alumni.
The position is part of UNSW IT but will works closely with the Faculties and Divisions to ensure the services operate within their defined metrics and to maximize uptime for the UNSW environment.
The role of Specialist - PeopleSoft reports to the Team Leader and has no direct reports
UNSW is seeking a suitable candidate to take on the role of Specialist – Peoplesoft in our Production Services team as a Peoplesoft Middleware Administrator and be responsible for setting up and maintaining Oracle WebLogic Application Server in Linux environment.
The Middleware Administrator ensures on a daily basis that systems and servers are running efficiently by performing deploying of applications. upgrading and maintenance tasks software, resolving technical problems, overseeing their activity levels, performance tuning, ensuring server security, developing new system structures when necessary.
To be successful you must have experience performing updates, system transitions, migrations and system software maintenance using WebLogic Administration Console, command line utilities, and an API, server and network hardware technologies to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
This position will configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot Oracle Fusion Middleware. The position will also lead the installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, optimization, and security posture of the corresponding application(s).
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform administrative duties, including installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting administration support for Oracle Fusion Middleware applications (ORACLE WebLogic, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Apache) in high-availability environments running on Linux.
- Work with Application Development support across environments (Production and non-production) to implement new changes in production, install new releases of existing applications and troubleshoot issues.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance and availability of Weblogic using enterprise manager.
- Provide support to Developers in consuming Middleware services for their applications.
- Deploy web applications, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) components and enterprise applications.
- Participate in design, implementation and support of multitier heterogeneous applications.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- 4+ years’ experience with Oracle WebLogic, SOA, OSB, Apache as administrator. Experienced in administrative duties, including installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting and tuning Middleware software across operating system environment that includes Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Strong exposure to Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA) and Integration tools.
- Conversant with hands on Linux RHEL 6 and 7 OS, Windows 2016 OS, Windows Active Directory
- Working knowledge of networking technologies and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancing, HA Proxy, HTTP, SSL/TLS)
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix skills with practical PL/SQL
- Scripting skills in Unix Shell, Perl.
- Cloud related experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure will be an added advantage
- Experience in implementing Single Sign-On solutions
Position Description - Click Here
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Applications close: Wednesday 21st April 2021, 11pm
Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.