Academic Programs Manager
Job no: 509791
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
The Faculty of Engineering has an opportunity for an Academic Programs Manager. This is a key leadership position in the faculty with a significant role in developing the strategic and operational management of the academic programs’ portfolio. The successful candidate will be charged with contributing to and implementing the development of the engineering curriculum of the future at all levels of education.
This is a highly collaborative role where you will work closely with the Deputy Dean (Education) and the Associate Dean (Academic Programs) as well as other senior leaders in the faculty and wider University. Your primary focus will be to lead the development and compliance of the faculty’s various education offerings. You will be the lead of one of Faculty’s three (3) main Education Pillars – Academic Programs – along with Education Innovation and Student Experience & Opportunities.
The role reports to Deputy Dean (Education) and has 4 direct reports.
- Level 8: $111,044 to $125,115 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Level 9: $129,059 to $136,945 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Continuing (Permanent)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research faculty. It is the largest and most prestigious engineering faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025. For more information about the Faculty of Engineering please refer to the faculty website: https://www.unsw.edu.au/engineering/about-us
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification and extensive relevant experience in a large and complex academic learning and teaching environment.
- A strong knowledge of the sector including the wider academic environment, the engineering industry and associated trends, relevant partner organisations both domestically and internationally, and associated impacts on the educational experience.
- Experience in people leadership, development, engagement and management, with the demonstrated skills to motivate inspire, and mobilise diverse teams to create a positive workplace culture and deliver quality outcomes.
- Experience in managing and monitoring Learning and Teaching quality assurance.
- Strong organisational and management skills including demonstrated experience in prioritising and scheduling, managing workflows and meeting critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and identify avenues for improvement in the development of institutional capacity and individual capability for quality learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance requirements within Universities and Professional Bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex policies, analyse complex data and write high level documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to apply leadership and influence to negotiate and engage effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders to support and influence negotiations for large, complex organisations.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level 9 (in addition to the above)
- Extensive management expertise and relevant specialist experience.
- Extensive demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- Strong Demonstrated experience in developing targeted support programs in order to meet strategic business aims.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in managing the development, review and implementation of curriculum and associated programs, systems and processes.
- Demonstrated substantial experience in leading the development of curriculum in line with strategic goals and the implementation of major academic programming initiatives.
- Demonstrated Leadership in health and safety with responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the above Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55 pm on Thursday, 14th July 2022
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend