Job no: 510737
Work type: casual
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Hospitality & Events
- Casual role
- 21-35 hours a week
- Immediate start until end of October
The successful applicant will have a proactive, can-do attitude and a proven track record in end- to- end delivery of large scale, multi venue events.
The Events Manager will play a lead role within the Division of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion and Communications and Engagement team in the planning, development and implementation of events at UNSW. They will be responsible for leading or providing high level project support on a range of events including but not limited to, Diversity Fest.
In particular, the role will:
- Provide high-level event management, including budgeting, programming, event organisation, stakeholder management, event delivery (including catering AV and seating requirements) and post event reporting.
- Develop, oversee, manage and deliver a program of events and initiatives that are aligned to operational and strategic goals.
- Partner with students, Arc, faculties and divisions and other key stakeholders to ensure community participation and awareness of EDI events.
- Plan and manage the scope of each event, working closely with the Communications and Engagement team to ensure all marketing materials are professional and produced and delivered as required.
- Collaborate with UNSW Events and Hospitality to manage venues, catering and audio-visual requirements.
- Lead the accessibility requirements for each event in accordance with UNSW guidelines, ensuring all events (physical and online) are accessible and inclusive.
- Build and manage stakeholders, including contributors to community led events (Diversity Fest), with a customer service lens to ensure they are informed and supported on how to run events, and ensure events are consistently executed to a high standard.
- Provide operational advice and leadership to employees responsible for delivering events.
- Oversee registrations and work with the Communications & Engagement team to initiate targeted campaigns and drive uptake in registrations.
- Accurately reconcile all events charges, provide accurate and up to date reporting, and EOM financials are lodged.
About the successful candidate
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent extensive relevant experience in event management or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven success in the management and execution of large-scale events and conferences, including VIP, multi venue programs, in a complex environment, ideally within higher education.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, publicity, communication and customer relationship management for an events program.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build and maintain effective collaborative professional relationships with all levels of university students, staff and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with excellent planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, working collaboratively and productively , but also taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving complex matters.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Please apply via the Apply now button.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend