Business Development Coordinator, Australian Graduate School of Engineering (AGSE)
Job no: 510668
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Marketing / Communications, Business Development / Industry Engagement, Entrepreneurship
This is an exciting time to join the newly established Australian Graduate School of Engineering (AGSE) at UNSW as a Business Development Coordinator. You will be the primary point of contact for professional engineers considering opportunities for continuing professional development, as well as industry organisations interested in providing training opportunities for their employees.
Joining during a pivotal period of growth, this role is fundamental to the business development and progress of Short Courses at the AGSE. The Business Development Coordinator will build key internal and external relationships and manage the external profile of the AGSE. Day to day activities centre on securing industry engagement by developing a social media and advertising strategy, generating leads, responding to enquiries, nurturing relationships to maximise repeat business, and acquiring new clients to drive increased enrolment and revenue target.
The role reports to the Director of the Australian Graduate School of Engineering (AGSE) and has no direct reports.
- Salary, Level 7: $100,331 to $108,588 per annum (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Full time, fixed term contract – 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
This role is based in the Australian Graduate School of Engineering that was established by the UNSW Faculty of Engineering to redefine the future of postgraduate education and lifelong learning for engineers. The AGSE will build upon the faculty’s strong reputation and track record for excellence – UNSW Engineering is consistently ranked #1 in Australia and among the top 50 engineering faculties in the world. For further information on the AGSE go to - https://www.unsw.edu.au/engineering/our-schools/agse
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to build successful and sustained relationships with stakeholders alongside their existing marketing/communication experience to help drive the growth of this new entity as it branches into the market.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (business, commerce, management or public relations) with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a communications or marketing role in a large organisation and engaging with stakeholders to achieve sales targets.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strong professional relationships and providing advice on client/market needs to achieve revenue targets.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working with and an understanding of the value of CRM systems.
- A dedication to customer experience, attention to detail, problem solving and a process orientated mindset.
- Excellent financial analysis skills with the ability to develop, report on and communicate financial information and monitor budgets.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines, adopting a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- An appreciation of the importance of continuing professional development in the engineering sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate projects and tasks.
- Experience working in the higher education sector is highly desired.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the Business Development Coordinator AGSE.pdf
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience.
Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Contact: Katherine Molloy – Talent Acquisition Consultant (job-related enquires only, no applications)
Applications close: 11:50 pm (Sydney time), on Wednesday 24 August 2022
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend