Provide pro-active executive assistance to the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research Infrastructure) and support projects across the PVCRI team.
- Full-time (35 hours week) or 4 days (pro-rata) considered
- Level 6 ($91,472 - $97,579, depending on exp.) + 17% super + leave loading
- Continuing (permanent) role
The Office of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research Infrastructure) provides strategic leadership and oversight of the centrally managed shared research facilities at UNSW, including the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre, Research Technology Services, Animal Services and Research Imaging NSW, ensuring UNSW researchers have access to the research environment and world-class infrastructure needed to undertake their research and achieve research excellence.
Due to internal promotion, we seek a capable EA who will pro-actively build positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to provide high-level executive support to the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research Infrastructure), ensuring all administrative matters are prioritised and handled efficiently and effectively, and with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. You’ll also collaborate with the PVCRI team to support a range of projects.
The Division of Research & Enterprise at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training, as well as technology transfer.
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. But what makes us different isn’t only what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
Who you are
You can demonstrate your experience providing high-level administrative support (higher education sector experience will be well regarded), as well as:
- High level interpersonal skills to negotiate and liaise with diverse stakeholders at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent written communication including producing reports and procedures.
- Complex diary management with a high level of attention to detail.
- Management of sensitive and confidential matters, able to exercise good judgment in decision-making and escalate to senior management as appropriate.
- A performance-oriented approach to prioritise tasks, be strategic and solve problems independently in a high-volume work environment.
- Managing credit card reconciliations and procurement.
- Comfortable using initiative and working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Advanced level computer literacy including Microsoft Office, databases, ERP systems and online meetings
- Understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending training
To apply: If supporting research excellence at UNSW is of interest to you, please submit your CV, and Cover Letter responding to Skills and Experience required via the APPLY button.
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to UNSW benefits including:
Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
Access to lifelong learning and career development
Progressive HR practices
Discounts and entitlements
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Applications close: 11.55pm, Monday 15th August 2022
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.