Research Engineer - Electrolyzer Systems
Job no: 510532
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Infrastructure
The Particles and Catalysis Research Group in the School of Chemical Engineering has an opportunity for a Research Engineer. This is a key role within the team where you will collaborate closely with an industry partner and a team of UNSW researchers to build and scale-up electrolyzer system for industrial application. The role will provide you with an opportunity to undertake industrial research and development in the field of green hydrogen production with a dedicated focus on electrolyzer device fabrication and electrode material scale up.
This role reports to Scientia Professor Rose Amal and has no direct reports.
- Salary, Level 7: $100,331 to $108,588 per annum + 17% superannuation (pro-rated)
- Full time
- Fixed Term –12 months with potential extension
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or related discipline, OR an undergraduate/postgraduate degree in an engineering or related discipline with at least 3 years of related engineering industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in electrolyzer systems, engineering design, fabrication of devices, material (catalyst) synthesis, and electrochemistry (CAD experience highly desirable).
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality engineering design with a focus on industrial application of hydrogen (research and development experience desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:50 pm (Sydney time), on Thursday 1st September 2022
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend