Research Assistant - Hydrogel Fabrication
Job no: 510426
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Infrastructure
As a Research Assistant you will be working on the UNSW-GROW funded project with the aim to develop phantom or physical arterial replicas in vitro to be used as bench-top test platform for improving the prediction of stent performance in the clinic. Your role will involve the fabrication and characterisation of polymeric hydrogel matrices and prototyping 3D-printed moulds. Working on this project will give you the opportunity to conduct experiments, collect and analyse data, prepare and present results in project meetings as well as coordinating research activities with the project collaborators.
The role of Research Assistant will report directly to Dr. Susann Beier and will be supervised and mentored by Dr. Susann Beier, Dr. Nathaniel Corrigan, and Dr. Ulises Aregueta Robles.
- Salary, Level 5 - $78,130 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed Term – 6 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This opportunity is based within the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Completion (or in late-stage) of a degree in Bachelor of Engineering or Masters of Engineering and/or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education,training and/or experience.
- Diligence, attention to detail, and passion for performing research experimentation are of essence.
- Desirable but not strictly necessary demonstrated experience with the following:
- Hydrogel fabrication
- Experience in 3D bioprinting
- Experience with Mammalian cell culture (cardiovascular field)
- Experience in modelling software such as Solidworks or Blender
- Familiarity with various operating systems like Windows, Windows office package and programming software like MATLAB.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads, deal with multiple tasks and projects, establish priorities and meet competing deadline.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this position can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:50 pm on Sunday, 14th August 2022
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend