Specialist Production Services
Job no: 510232
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- 12-month fixed term role
- Flexible work arrangements
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Specialist provides specialist services in relation to the implementing, managing, operating, supporting, and monitoring of the IT Managed Systems environment for all of UNSW. This role may support across virtual environments including Application, Networking, and other Microsoft and Linux related environments providing services to UNSW staff, students, and alumni.
The position is part of UNSW IT but will works closely with the Faculties and Divisions to ensure the services operate within their defined metrics and to maximize uptime for the UNSW environment.
The role of Senior Specialist reports to the Team Leader and has no direct reports.
- Develop, build, and implement services that deliver to stakeholder requirements in a standard operating environment across the organisation.
- Manage and support the UNSW IT Managed Systems to ensure SLAs are achieved and the environment uptime is maximized.
- Provide specialist level services and advice in relation to the implementing, management, and operation of the IT Managed environment for all of UNSW.
- Undertake problem diagnoses, correction, and act as the point of escalation for relevant technologies across the organisation according to assigned priorities and timeframes.
- Monitor, determine and apply new releases and patches to applications and operating systems and make recommendations to the Team Leader on implementation and testing strategies.
- Assist in the evaluation, development and implementation of end-to-end infrastructure solutions, ensuring ownership and accountability for the implementation of all deliverable outcomes.
- Review and update policies, procedures and other documentation required to support UNSW IT Managed Systems.
- Provide specialist level services and advice in relation to the implementing, management and operation of the IT Managed environment for all of UNSW.
- Multi OS administration experience (Windows/Linux)
- Programming experience in several languages (preferably PHP, Python, Powershell, bash)
- HTML and CSS
- Networking knowledge
- Apache and IIS experience
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining web applications
- AWS cloud knowledge or certification
- Elastic Search / Kibana experience
- Full Stack developer
To Apply: If this is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Applications close: 21st August 11.55pm
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend