- Exposure to important strategic goals for UNSW, including global rankings and research quality reporting
- Develop skills in data processing, navigating complex datasets, preparing reports, and programming using python to automate routine data processing tasks
- Level 6/7 - $90,566 - $107,513 (depending on experience) + 17% superannuation + annual leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours week) | Continuing (permanent) role
- Hybrid – WFH and UNSW campus
The Division of Research & Enterprise at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training. You will be part of a team that provides data analysis and project coordination; works with internal stakeholders to improve service delivery; and contributes to data analysis supporting the executive strategy, as well as the continuous improvement of business processes.
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) and Engagement and Impact (EI) exercises, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. But what makes us different isn’t only what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
Who you are
You can demonstrate your experience in business analysis and project coordination, as well as supporting the maintenance and enhancement of online systems and preparing ad-hoc reports using data from multiple sources. Time management, the ability to adapt to changing priorities, and high-level customer service sills are also essential.
Level 7 (In addition to above)
- Engagement and requirements gathering for large-scale business process change and/or information system implementations
- Analytical skills, using both quantitative and qualitative data, to interpret business processes and design complete and effective process improvements
- Communication skills including production of written communication such as reports, briefings, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to manage the delivery of services and operations within timelines and competing deadlines while maintaining quality and accuracy.
To apply: If contributing your business analysis skills to support world-class research at UNSW is of interest to you, please submit your CV, and Cover Letter via the APPLY button.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T:02 9065 7058
Applications close: 11:55pm, Wednesday 6th July 2022
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).