Job no: 508924
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Administrative Officer will play a key role in providing administrative and project support to the Director of the UNSW Aging Futures Institute within the School of Psychology, Faculty of Science. The position will be responsible for acting as the Director’s point of contact for administrative tasks including diary management support, scheduling meetings and research project initiatives to achieve operational and strategic goals.
About the role
- $90k - $96k plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administrative Officer reports to the Director of the UNSW Aging Futures Institute and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide administrative support to Director of the UNSW Ageing Futures Institute including diary management support, arrange and schedule meetings, and prepare necessary documentation and minutes as required.
- Act as the primary contact for the Director, maintaining effective channels of communication, analysing requests and correspondence to prioritise priorities as well as urgent and often sensitive matters.
- Provide support to the delivery of the Director’s research projects and initiatives to achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Monitor, track and report on the status of contract and grant reports to ensure time, cost and quality metrics are in line with approved project plans for assigned projects.
- Assess and monitor project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Coordinate project administration including coordination of workshops and meetings, minute taking, manage assigned actions and follow-ups and project status reporting.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience/interest in ageing, dementia, psychology or health
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Highly advanced interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing effective customer service and support to clients at all levels.
- Highly proficient computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate projects and tasks.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
For informal queries, please see the below contact details.
Otherwise, please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Applications close: May 31st, 2022
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend