Project Officer - The Kirby Institute
Job no: 508845
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support
Project Officer – The Kirby Institute
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: 12 months Fixed Term role
Remuneration: $90K - $96K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW, Remote/Flexible working options available
The Kirby Institute is a world-leading health research institute at UNSW Sydney. We work to eliminate infectious diseases, globally. Our specialisation is in developing health solutions for the most at-risk communities. Putting communities at the heart of our research, we develop tests, treatments, cures and prevention strategies that have the greatest chance of success.
Why your role matters
As a Project Officer, you will be responsible for providing project coordination and support, reporting and analytical support, developing communications, building key internal and external relationships, and providing administrative support for the Strengthening Laboratory and Diagnostic Capacity in the Indo-Pacific Program and the Elimination of Cervical Cancer in the Western Pacific project under the Global Health Program.
Further details of the responsibilities are available in the attached Position Description on Jobs@UNSW.
Who you are
To be successful you must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Sound stakeholder management skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Project experience, with an understanding of the project life cycle and development of project plans, objectives and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria (Who you are above).
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Jamie Cutler: Talent Acquisition Consultant E: email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday 1st June at 11:55pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend