Senior Research Associate - The Kirby Institute
Job no: 508777
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Senior Research Associate – The Kirby Institute
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: 2 year Fixed Term role
Remuneration: $111K - $131K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
The Kirby Institute is a world-leading health research institute at UNSW Sydney. We work to eliminate infectious diseases, globally. Our specialisation is in developing health solutions for the most at-risk communities. Putting communities at the heart of our research, we develop tests, treatments, cures and prevention strategies that have the greatest chance of success.
Why your role matters
As the Senior Research Associate, you will provide clinical and academic support and oversight in the development and implementation of clinical trials and clinical studies, with a particular focus on studies designed to improve detection, prevention, and treatment of infectious diseases in marginalised populations including HIV, viral hepatitis and COVID-19 infection. Projects include cohort studies, interventional clinical trials, and sub-studies of particular outcomes within these frameworks. Clinical research responsibilities will include support to decision making for trial and cohort participants, including decisions pertaining to eligibility and adverse event management. You will be involved in research projects from inception through to completion and dissemination and represent the Kirby Institute at national and international meetings with private and public sector groups or agencies.
The role of Senior Research Associate in Clinical Trials and Cohorts reports to Professor Gail Matthews, Head of the Therapeutic and Vaccine Research Program and has no direct reports. Please see attached Position Description for full details.
Who you are
To be successful you must have:
- Postgraduate qualification (PhD) or equivalent in clinical research or epidemiology in infectious diseases, immunology, or a closely related field
- Experience in the in the design and execution of clinical research including clinical trials or cohort studies.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and diverse project requirements to ensure a high standard of work is delivered to deadlines
- Registration as a medical practitioner in an Australian state and clinical experience, as demonstrated by completion of core speciality training and subsequent independent clinical practice, in infectious diseases or immunology is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria (Who you are above) or (skills and experience on the position description)
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Jamie Cutler: Talent Acquisition Consultant E: email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday 8th June at 11:55pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend