Software Engineer (Front End)
Job no: 505168
Work type: Full-time
Location: Other location
Categories: Information Technology
Join a team endeavouring to be a global leader in innovative healthcare practice and delivery. As a Front-end Software Developer, you will be working on a project to develop new and existing software for telehealth monitoring in general and specifically for a system called Tele Clinical Care (TCC), being trialled throughout various hospitals in NSW.
- Salary, Level 5: $77,356 to $87,352 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-Term role – Until mid-February 2023
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia (open to flexible working arrangements)
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This role is based in the Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering and will work closely with the Tyree Foundation Institute of Health Engineering (Tyree IHealthE). Tyree IHealthE has been created to support translation of disruptive medical technologies into commercial products and clinical pathways for everyday practice.
Skills and Experience
- A professional degree and/or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, knowledge and/or experience related with software development involving apps, databases, and middleware
- Relevant industry experience in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of:
- React Native development of real applications
- Translating design files (Figma, Adobe XD) accurately into digital experiences
- Software design and development
- Git (GitLab, Github or Bitbucket)
- RESTful API development, especially for mobile apps
- Designing and implementing graphical user interfaces and other means of human-computer interaction mediums
- CI/CD tools and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, adapt and prioritise work to meet agreed project targets
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
- Expertise/background in biomedical engineering, and medical device software
- Native iOS or/and native Android development
- BLE protocol stack implementation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of the medical device regulatory environment including ISO13485
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes including ISO12207
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Brice Lenfant – Project Officer
Applications close: 11:55 pm on Thursday, 27th January 2022
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend