Postdoctoral Research Associate
Job no: 505154
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemistry at UNSW is recognised nationally and internationally, for producing world-class fundamental and applied research in the field of Chemical Sciences to address real-world challenges. The School's research is focused on five key themes: Health, Energy. Advanced Materials, New Chemical Frontiers and Knowledge Exchange.
A Postdoctoral Research Associate with electrochemical expertise is needed for the Smart Materials and Surfaces research group in the School of Chemistry at UNSW to be part of a larger multidisciplinary team. This Postdoctoral Research Associate position relates to an ARC Discovery grant on mesoporous materials for electrocatalysis.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate role will focus on electrocatalysis research with an emphasis on fundamental electrochemical measurements in electrocatalysis for characterising new materials.
About the role
- $98k - $106k plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 12 Months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of Postdoctoral Research Associate reports to Professor Richard Tilley and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct research in the area of electrochemistry and electrocatalysis.
- Perform and supervise experiments in electrochemical evaluation of catalytic materials.
- Write and maintain laboratory notebooks detailing all experiments conducted.
- Successfully complete experiments and on-time provision of analysis on results.
- Analyse and write results of experiments in a format suitable for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposal submissions to funding bodies and actively seek collaboration with industry partners as appropriate.
- Assist with the coordination of research activities and actively contribute to research outputs to meet project milestones.
- Present results of experiments at national and international conferences.
- Assist in the training of PhD and honours students.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW
- Code of Conduct.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD specialising in electrochemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop electrochemical procedures for materials characterisation.
- Extensive experience in performing electrochemical measurements.
- Demonstrated experience in materials synthesis.
- Previous experience in a research environment and in training PhD and Honours Students.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed above in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: February 1st, 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend