Employment Type: Full time (35hrs per week)
Remuneration:$111,044 - $125,115 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Join a Go8 university that’s globally recognised for making an impact.
- We are focusing on the future. You can help us shape the experience of higher education.
- Provide hands-on guidance and support for the development and delivery of competitive external funding bids.
The Research and Business Development (RBD) team has embarked on an exciting new direction, supporting our researchers achieve real-world impact through conducting research in the business disciplines of the highest quality that adds value to industry, government, and the community.
Why your role matters
The Research Development Manager will form a key part of this team, providing hands-on guidance and support for the development and delivery of competitive external funding bids.
The role entails the provision of strategic advice and assistance with the development of high quality, competitive research grant applications and major research opportunities for UNSW Business School researchers across all types of national research activities and funding.
The role reports to the Manager (Strategic Research Development), within the Research and Enterprise Team and has no direct reports.
Who you are
This position is ideally suited to someone who has excellent written and verbal communications skills and a high level of attention to detail but, more importantly, is enthusiastic about joining a team that is committed to supporting our researchers to make a difference.
You will also have:
• A relevant postgraduate degree in a business-related discipline, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and or experience.
• Experience in an academic research unit, including proven achievements in providing support and feedback to applicants throughout the development and success of research funding proposals.
• Extensive knowledge of the Australian Higher Education Sector and knowledge of the research environment and funding schemes.
• Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects, with strong organisational skills to effectively manage priorities and time.
• Sound influencing and consultation skills, including an ability to exercise initiative and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please submit your CV and responses to the selection criteria (“Skills and Experience” in the PD).
Applications close: Sunday 13th February 2022 11.00pm (AEST).
Get in touch
For role related questions, please contact Toni Hodge - Manager (Strategic Research Development):
For all other questions, please contact Kanami Torii - Talent Acquisition Coordinator:
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed above.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.