Employment Type: Full time (35hrs per week)
Duration: Fixed term until 31/12/2022
Remuneration: $98,354 - $106,449 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: National Facility for Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) Research, UNSW Paddington campus
- Bring your passion for Software Engineering to state-of-the-art Human Robot Interaction Facility.
- Work with some of the best minds in the ﬁeld.
The Facility is purpose-designed to host a wide variety of experiments investigating how people interact with technological devices, including robots.
The Facility aims to be an open, integrated laboratory for the multidisciplinary experimental study of human-robot, human-object, and human-human interaction and product validation.
Why your role matters
The Senior Research Officer will be responsible for researching, designing, and implementing software for the Facility within its existing systems.
The role will incorporate the development of software for the real-time estimation of location, pose, gesture, and other factors for people, robots, and objects.
Who you are
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline, with subsequent relevant experience.
- Substantial professional experience (at least 5 years) programming in C++/Python.
- Strong professional experience (at least 3 years) working with ROS.
- Demonstrated experience working with current major ML frameworks, e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow/tf.keras.
- Proven experience working with RGB-D sensors, e.g. Kinect/Azure Kinect, Orbbec, Realsense.
- Proven Linux system administration experience.
- Strong organisational project management skills and an ability to work independently.
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together
with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Get in touch: Kanami Torii - Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Applications close: Thursday 9th December 2021 11.00pm (AEST).
In addition to your CV, please upload a work portfolio (if available and relevant to the role) to showcase your work experience (maximum 5 pages).
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed above.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.