Azure Active Directory Specialist
Job no: 503671
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
This role plays a lead role within the Cyber Security team within IT.
The Senior Specialist – Active Directory is responsible for all UNSW Identity stores, with oversight of the architecture, design, management, optimisation, and security of all UNSW Identity stores, ensuring alignment to the UNSW Identity Strategy. This includes both on-premises and cloud-based Identities and includes 37 different Identity Stores.
The role reports to the Enterprise Identity Manager and has no direct reports.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Lead and execute complex assessments and projects that require analytical, technical, and business skills across a broad range of IT and identity management areas.
- Lead the design, management, and optimisation of UNSW Identity Stores and Federated Services, including all AD, LDS, and Azure Active Directory environments.
- Lead the design, management, and optimisation of UNSW synchronisation services to Azure Active Directory (AAD Connect).
- Provide technical input surrounding Identity to the Enterprise Identity Manager and technical guidance to other ICT areas regarding consumption of UNSW Identity.
- Operate and monitor identity-related systems for abnormal behaviour and provide subject matter expertise.
- Provide leadership and single point of escalation when responding to identity security incidents or deviation from baseline.
- Consult and provide high level advice on projects which require integration with identity management.
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives.
- Provide strategic recommendations and develop processes to strengthen the current Identity Management Operations Framework. This involves reviewing policies, highlighting the challenges in managing SLAs and provide improvement suggestions and develop go-to-market strategies.
- Actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with them and understand relevant business drivers.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent minimum of 5 years of management experience in an Enterprise Identity Management function or in a senior IT support role.
- Demonstrated familiarity with contemporary identity technologies, techniques, and products.
- Extensive, enterprise-level knowledge of large-scale Azure Active Directory and Active Directory environments (250,000+ Identities) including AAD Connect and synchronisation technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced Active Directory Identity security (PAM; JiTA; Zero-Standing Access; Tiered Administration Models; etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Federated technologies – including, but not limited to: ADFS 4.0; SAML 2.0; OAuth; OpenID Connect; WS-FED; Relay-State; etc.
- Extensive knowledge of cascading-trust, PKI technologies, namely: ADCS.
- Extensive knowledge of Authentication and Authorisation. Including Authentication protocols (Kerberos; NTLMv2; LDAP Auth; Digest; MD5; Sicily; etc.).
- Comprehensive analytical and problem-solving skills and proven capacity to exercise initiative, flexibility and to be proactive in development of robust solutions to problems.
Please apply online (CV + Cover letter – the completion of the selection criteria is not required) applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 6 February 2022, 11:55pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend