Community & Current Student Engagement Officer
Job no: 503318
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services, Student Recruitment / Admissions
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Materials Science and Engineering is one of the top ranked Materials programs in the Asia-Pacific regions and strongly positioned in every facet of materials science and engineering. It offers undergraduate programs in Materials Science and Engineering (Honours), as well as a number of combined degree programs with Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Commerce.
The School has two very strong and active student societies, that do much to enrich the student experience. The Community and Current Student Engagement Officer is responsible for coordinating elements and initiatives to create a unique student experience at Materials Science and Engineering that develops empowered, socially-engaged, global citizens.
About the role
- $89K - $95K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term – 12 months (possibility of extension based on performance and funding)
- Part-time (21 hours per week)
The Community and Current Students Engagement Officer reports to School Manager and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Plan, develop and execute a community engagement program that will increase visibility, awareness and participation of School-led events with students, industry and alumni.
- Manage online communities, school website, digital display, digital learning support to increase engagement with students, industry and alumni and ensure compliance with UNSW standards.
- Collate content and oversee the publication of the school and student societies newsletters.
- Manage student volunteering program including, but not limited to, recruitment, training, rostering etc.
- Lead mentoring programs for current undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Liaise with External Relations with regards to high-profile news items, and marketing opportunities that involve current student engagement locally.
- Project manage all student-led teams who deliver outreach activities with industry and alumni.
- Represent school at relevant events, meetings and forums, including occasional activities outside of normal business hours.
- Undertake HRD and other activities as required by the School including but not limited to HDR student, practicum etc desk allocation and key management, building and lab access etc.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health & safety of yourself or others.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in a relevant field, with relevant experience in a similar institutional setting or work environment or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in promotional, event management and engagement work.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management of diverse stakeholder groups with a strong track record in the delivery of successful outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write content for mass communication.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and on multiple tasks.
- A performance-oriented approach and a willingness to receive ongoing feedback on performance.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skill.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: October 28th, 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend