Research Associate - The Kirby Institute
Job no: 503296
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: 12 month contract
Remuneration: $98K to $105K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Work with some of the best minds in your field.
- Be in a place that’s at the forefront of delivering and sharing education and research.
- Gain the autonomy and freedom to chart your own course and career.
The Kirby Institute is a world-leading health research institute at UNSW Sydney. We work to eliminate infectious diseases, globally. Our specialisation is in developing health solutions for the most at-risk communities. Putting communities at the heart of our research, we develop tests, treatments, cures and prevention strategies that have the greatest chance of success.
Research Associate is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of epidemiological studies within the program which will involve participants from sites in Australia. The position holder will use their experiences in biomedical research to devise, implement, monitor and report on the conduct of research projects from inception and provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters.
The role of Research Associate reports to Professor, Head of the Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program and has no direct reports.
Skills and Experience
- Post-graduate qualifications in the field of viral hepatitis, and/or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in research among people who inject drugs with HCV, with expertise in the analysis of data from epidemiological studies
- Demonstrated experience in research using administrative data linkage projects
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality academic research and conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Demonstrated data analysis skills with proven experience in preparing statistical data for publication including experience with STATA.
- Demonstrated biostatistical expertise in regression models (logistic regression, Cox proportional Hazards) and analysis of longitudinal data (generalized estimating equations)
- A successful record of scientific writing for peer-reviewed journals and/or writing of reports for non-expert stakeholders, with a particular focus on HCV among people who inject drugs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
Verification of qualifications will be required prior to offer of employment
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience. 00097814 - Research Associate - Level A NCHIV (2).pdf
Skye Logan - Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend