Support Administrator (503282)
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Remuneration: $76,590 - $ 86,665 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
- Join one of Australia’s Top 20 most attractive employers.
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you.
- An environment where you’re constantly surrounded by inspiration, no matter what your position.
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Why your role matters
The Support Administrator plays a key role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience in providing effective day-to-day administrative support to the portfolio’s activities, programs and projects by supporting the team in the delivery of our services and initiatives. This is a dynamic position expected to demonstrate skills and knowledge, independence, and an appetite for the use of digital technologies and platforms in effectively and efficiently supporting administrative activities. This role also provides administrative support to the portfolio’s Senior Leadership Team through the provision of calendar management and meeting coordination, the preparation of draft presentations, and responding to enquiries using judgement and initiative.
Who you are
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and efficient individual who thrives when working in a team environment. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with effective time management, are essential to be successful in this role.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is project and operations focused and is looking to develop their skills and growth in a meaningful career!
Skills and experience required
To be successful you must have:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
• Outstanding organisational skills with proven ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
• Ability to work flexibly, productively, and effectively as part of a team while operating autonomously and demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to driving process improvements.
• Customer service orientation, together with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships with staff at all levels and internal and external stakeholders.
• Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases e.g. CRM, Dynamics, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as digital platforms.
• Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience. An understanding of the practical application of UNSW administrative processes, systems and practice a distinct advantage.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and a written responses addressing the first 3 points under the skills and experience listed above
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Wednesday 27 October - Before 11:55pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.