Research Assistant - School of Psychiatry
Job no: 503251
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Administration, Research Administration support
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country and one of the leading university groups internationally. The neurostimulation team within the School of Psychiatry is internationally recognised for clinical research in physical treatments for depression and other psychiatric disorders. This includes electroconvulsive therapy, novel brain stimulation treatments, and ketamine.
About the role
- $76,590-$86,665 pro rata (plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term until December 2022 (with prospects for renewal)
- Part time role 0.5 FTE (with prospects for full-time)
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Research Assistant to work within the School of Psychiatry as a member of the neurostimulation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing study procedures and administrative tasks in projects conducted by the neurostimulation team including co-ordination of clinical research trials of novel treatments for depression (e.g., brain stimulation treatments, ketamine), neuropsychological testing, data processing / analysis and report preparation among other tasks.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Honours level degree in psychology.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with a diverse group of people (including external stakeholders).
- Demonstrated capacity to conduct research as evidenced by involvement in other research projects, peer reviewed publications, and/or experience of data collection and participant interviews.
- Proven effective record keeping skills (both paper and electronic), including the ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below. Research Assistant - Level 5 PSYC PD
Angelo Alonzo, Research Officer
T: (02) 9065 9947
Applications close: 11pm, Sunday 31st of October 2021.
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend