Senior Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
Job no: 503250
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
As a Senior Research Associate you will be working closely with the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre (CSCRC) to develop and engage in high quality, impactful research in securing the Distributed Energy Resources (DER) project. This role will give you the opportunity to lead the project in certain areas, participate in the definition of the research direction, collaborate with industry partners, publish high-quality research and participate/present in conferences and workshops.
This role will report to Dr Guo Chen and has no direct reports.
- Level B - Salary, $110,459 to $130,215 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 24 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Australia, we will be giving preference to applications from candidates currently residing in Australia and/or having Australian working rights.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD in in Electrical Engineering, with a high potential for impact within the field of DER integration via power network modelling in active distribution systems, demonstrated through academic publications, industry research and development experience and industry engagement;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Strong track record of publications and conference presentations in the intersection of DER system integrating to grid, incorporated with cybersecurity.
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Demonstrated ability to supervisor honours and postgraduate research students.
- Experience in participating in industrial projects about DER integration in local distribution networks.
- Proficiency in using power system analysis software for reliability and stability assessment of electric networks as well as emulator-based system.
- Ability to conduct cybersecurity risk assessment for power system with a high penetration ratio of distributed renewable generations.
- Relevant industry experience well regarded.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Please note if you have submitted your thesis for a PhD but have not been granted your PhD yet you are welcome to apply. However, you will only be considered for a Level A appointment.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 31st October 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend