Education Officer – Cancer Research
Job no: 503232
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Administration, Research Administration support
Education Officer – Cancer Research
- 1-Year Fixed Term, Part-time (24.5 hours/week) opportunity
- $98K – 106K Prorated (+17% Superannuation & leave loading)
- Based at Kensington Campus, Sydney, Australia
- Full working rights will be required for the duration of the contract
The Education officer plays a key role within SPHERE Cancer CAG by supporting the development and implementation of the NSW Cancer Research Education Strategy and research capacity building initiatives of the SPHERE Cancer CAG.
The role oversees the SPHERE Cancer CAG Education strategy and develops quality online and in person learning activities, workshops, seminars, and programs in collaboration with Cancer CAG leaders and the NSW Cancer Research Education Strategy.
The role reports to SPHERE Cancer CAG Program Manager, supporting the SPHERE Cancer CAG Director and Leads and has no direct reports.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a strategy within a complex network.
- Sound leadership skills with ability to develop, motivate and lead a team to achieve objectives.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a range of online and in person events to diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including campaign monitor, backend of websites and Eventbrite.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please review the attached position description for full details. Education Officer - POWCL - L7 PD
If you can please address the selection criteria in your application. Applications can only be made online, please do not send applications to the contact listed below.
Contact (for job related questions)
Stephanie Macmillan – Program Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 27th October 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend