Academic Quality Project Officer (503139), UNSW Business School
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Remuneration: Level 7 : $ 98,354 - $ 106,449 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
- We are focusing on the future. You can help us shape the experience of higher education
- Join a Go8 university that’s globally recognised for making an impact.
- Be inspired by the talent and passion of colleagues and students
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Why your role matters
Located within the UNSW Business School, the Academic Quality Project Officer will have responsibility for a range of Faculty-level initiatives that align with UNSW’s education quality framework. This framework is designed to drive and support continuous enhancement of the student education experience and outcomes. It encompasses three domains:
- Programs, Courses & Curriculum
- Learning, Teaching & Assessment
- Student Success
The role sits within the Education Portfolio and reports to the Manager, Academic Quality Assurance. It has no direct reports. The role holder will be expected to work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues from across the Portfolio, the wider Business School and relevant sections of the University.
Please see the attached position description for full details and responsibilities.
Who you are
You have relevant quality assurance experience, particularly in learning outcomes assessment (assurance of learning), and an advanced level of data literacy. You posses a “can do” attitude, and a demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion and work with initiative.
Skills and Experience required
• Tertiary qualifications and relevant quality assurance experience in a higher education environment, preferably a Business School. Experience in quality assurance data management, analysis and reporting is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the timely development, implementation, management and uptake of sustainable learning outcomes assessment / assurance of learning processes.
• Experience with and understanding of international business school accreditation bodies (AACSB and EQUIS) and their standards and requirements is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and consultation skills, with the ability to build and sustain effective professional relationships with a diverse range of people and networks, and effectively influence stakeholders to achieve shared strategic goals.
• Advanced level of data literacy including data gathering, management, visualisation and narrative to support effective decision making and reporting. Demonstrated capacity to effectively analyse and visualise data in Excel and Microsoft Power BI in order to present complex information in an easy to understand and compelling manner.
• Ability to employ other data/query analytics tools, such as Power Query and Power Pivot, is desirable.
• High level written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in the preparation of high-quality reports for dissemination to a variety of audiences.
• High-level problem-solving skills, coupled with attention to detail and the ability to exercise significant judgment when addressing complex problems.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage project delivery whilst responding to changing priorities and competing deadlines.
• A “can do” attitude and demonstrated ability to work with initiative, both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria (skills and experience in the position description)
Applications must be submitted online. Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Contact (for job related queries only):
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Sunday 24 October - Before 11:55pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.