Research Nurse/Clinical Research Officer - Gynaecological Cancer
Job no: 503118
Work type: Full-time, Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support, Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week) Part-time and job share options available
Duration: 12 month contract
Remuneration: $89k - $95k (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Build a career that feels like a calling
- Here, your work makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives.
UNSW is seeking a Research Nurse/Clinical Research Officer that will play a key role in supporting research projects as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers, provide technical and research assistance to senior research staff in activities associated with various research projects for the Gynaecological Cancer Research Group.
The Research Nurse/Clinical Research Officer will work across the general gynaecology and gynaecological oncology departments at the Royal Hospital for Women, as well as the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, located on the UNSW Kensington campus.
The role reports to Associate Professor, Gynaecological Cancer, and has no direct reports.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualifications as a Registered Nurse with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current Australian drivers’ licence.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing within an oncology or general gynaecology unit.
- Demonstrated experience in blood collection or willingness to update qualification.
- Knowledge of research protocols, experimental design and planning as involved in developing research projects and reporting against milestones.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal communication skills to initiate and maintain effective stakeholder relationships whilst exercising discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Verification of qualifications and Criminal Records Check will be required prior to offer of employment
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. If you are interested in a part-time role, this job may be available as a job share.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience.
Skye Logan - Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend