Research Associate - The Kirby Institute
Job no: 503104
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Contracted to December 2023
Remuneration: $98k - $105k (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Work with some of the best minds in your field.
- Be in a place that’s at the forefront of delivering and sharing education and research.
- Gain the autonomy and freedom to chart your own course and career.
The Kirby Institute is a world-leading health research institute at UNSW Sydney. We work to eliminate infectious diseases, globally. Our specialisation is in developing health solutions for the most at-risk communities. Putting communities at the heart of our research, we develop tests, treatments, cures and prevention strategies that have the greatest chance of success.
The Research Associate will be required to work collaboratively and productively with internal and external stakeholders. The appointee will ideally have demonstrated experience in translational human immunovirology, microscopy, molecular biology and RNASeq research techniques and have experience in PC2 containment facilities.
This role will report to the Scientia Senior Lecturer and has no direct reports.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology or medical science (or a related/relevant discipline) or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training, or experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunovirology and/or T cell biology.
- Experience in microscopy and molecular biology.
- Experience in (or exposure to) next generation sequencing including single-cell RNASeq.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality academic research and conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Evidence of outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Verification of qualifications will be required prior to offer of employment
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience.
Skye Logan - Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend