Work Integrated Learning Officer - Social Work
Job no: 503103
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services
Work Integrated Learning Officer – Social Work
- Full time, Fixed Term 14 month parental leave contract.
- $89,670 - $95,656 base plus 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Full working rights are required.
- Sydney, Australia based.
The Work Integrated Learning team supports the development of Faculty initiatives to support and strengthen student engagement programs in order to positively influence the student experience. This includes identifying, developing and implementing student development opportunities to enhance the student experience and ensure work-readiness. The Work Integrated Learning team is responsible for the placement and professional experience students complete as part of their course requirements.
As the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Officer – Social Work you will be responsible for placing students in student placement opportunities within their allocated discipline. In doing so, you will liaise with professional stakeholders and relevant agencies to identify and obtain appropriate placements. This includes preparing students for placements; participating in seminars where needed and support the development and maintenance of administrative systems for student placement processes and policies.
Please see attached Position Description for full details.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor of Social Work, or other relevant degree recognised by the Australian Association of Social Workers as eligible for membership, and five years of extensive professional practice experience, as per Australian Social Workers Education and Accreditation Standards
- Substantial experience in relationship management with proven success in providing a positive partnership experience with a key focus on long-term partnership development and high level stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated skills in project management, managing workloads, setting priorities, and driving core (and strategic) outcomes in a complex fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders including academics, professional staff and professional networks
- High level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with complex and/or sensitive matters confidentially and discreetly
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to establish priorities and coordinate office support in a busy environment
- High level proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases with the ability to learn and promote the use of new systems
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
To be considered for this role, please upload a document detailing your relevant skills and experience related to this position with your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Christine Ly: Work Integrated Learning Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 24th October 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend