Job no: 503073
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Information Technology
- Full time, Fixed term role until 30 Jun 2023
- $109,944 - $123,876 base plus 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Full working rights are required.
- Sydney, Australia based.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Project Manager will manage two related projects funded by the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC).
The first project will be responsible for Enhancement and further development of the national E-Research Institutional Cloud Architecture (ERICA) collaborative network. ERICA is a secure, customisable cloud computing infrastructure for researchers working with sensitive or confidential data (led by UNSW Sydney).
The second project will involve contribution to the development of Coordinated Access for Data, Researchers and Environments (CADRE), a Five Safes implementation framework for sensitive data (led by the Australian National University).
Please see the attached Position Description for full details.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have experience managing complex technical projects ideally working with cloud based software. From your previous experience you will display the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in health and medical research and management of research data will be highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing will be highly regarded.
- High-level skills and experience in managing complex projects, with a demonstrated capacity to manage projects with multiple deliverables, components and stakeholders.
- Proven project management experience, with an in-depth understanding of the project life cycle and strategic development of project plans, objectives and documentation
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- Ability to rapidly identify and understand complex IT business activities, systems and processes.
- Experience working with a range of advanced computer systems and applications, including online educational technology support and management systems.
- Demonstrated strong capacity to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Louise Francis: Centre Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 10th October 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend