UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Continuing role
Remuneration: Senior appointment
Location: Kensington NSW
- An environment where you’re constantly surrounded by inspiration, no matter what your position
- We are focusing on the future. You can help us shape the experience of higher education.
- Build a career that feels like a calling
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million digital interactions a year. There are three library sites including Main Library, Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library as well as a close working relationship with the Academy Library, UNSW Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA).
Why your role matters
The Director, Information Services is a member of the Library Executive Team and provides strategic leadership for the Library’s provision of information services to coursework students, higher degree research candidates, and academic and research staff.
Services include Help Zones and student enquiries; learning services, orientation and transition, workshops and student engagement; academic engagement; research consultations; ELISE mandatory induction modules and quiz; and the integrated model for curriculum support.
The position leads the library’s collaborations, engagement and communications with UNSW faculties and research centres and institutes.
Who you are
You will be an experienced Library leader with a flair for innovation and will have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
To be successful you must have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications with substantial experience at a senior level or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience. Substantial prior experience at a senior level within a large academic, research or cultural institution would be considered favourably
- Demonstrated capability to lead the development and delivery of the Library’s digital and face to face enquiry, information, training and engagement services for coursework students, higher degree research candidate, academic and professional staff
- Demonstrated capability to lead the development and delivery of the Library’s integrated service model for curriculum design, including curriculum reform; support for integrated course resources; ELISE online induction module and quiz; integrated flipped workshops into courses; and the provision of digital learning and teaching objects
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic relationships across the university, including senior academics
- Demonstrated well developed leadership and management skills applied to the operation of substantial staffing, budgetary and infrastructure resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build and sustain effective, collaborative professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and apply problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically, drawing on information from multiple sources
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria (Who you are above) or (skills and experience on the position description)
Please note applications sent to the contact below cannot be accepted.
Applications close: Before 11:55pm Sunday 26th September
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.#LI-DNI