Manager, Student Development
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Remuneration: Level 8 : $109,944 - $123,876 (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW
- See the difference you can make, through the work you do
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives.
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Why your role matters
If you are looking for a career which allows you to make a positive impact on students, developing both their professional skills and personal growth, the opportunity to join UNSW as the Manager, Student Development is exactly what you have been looking for.
This role plays a key role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience Portfolio by providing strong management and leadership in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of innovative student development programs and practices.
The role entails working closely with the Team Lead, Student Development & Co-Curricular to design and develop, in collaboration with subject-matter experts (including academics and professional staff internally, and staff in external partner organisations), innovative and contemporary student development activities, modules, programs and practices to achieve an engaged student journey and excellent graduate outcomes at UNSW.
The role reports to the Team Lead, Student Development & Co-Curricular, and has 3 direct reports.
Who you are
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and highly skilled individual who will implement programs which inspire and equip the leaders of tomorrow.
To be successful you must have:
• Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, developing and implementing learning and development programs, ideally both in relation to personal development and professional development programs in an applied context.
• Demonstrated experience designing and coordinating program delivery that includes online interactive modules and in-person delivery components.
• Ability to effectively manage a team through complex programs, projects, and initiatives and to effectively diffuse potential areas of dispute and/or conflict.
• Demonstrated experience in the management of project deliverables and accountabilities with proven ability to develop documentation, achieve timelines and objectives, and engage senior leaders and stakeholders
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to summarise key issues, develop innovative solutions and produce high-level outcomes in both autonomous and team-based activities.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
• Sound stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence senior management and liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes, alongside a high-performance mindset.
• Proven organisational skills and the ability to operate autonomously while demonstrating strong initiative and a proactive approach to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Sunday 26 September - Before 11:55pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.