Head of Finance Systems
Job no: 502969
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
Duration: Permanent role
Remuneration: Salary competitive
- Be part of a team that’s delivering change at scale.
- Work at one of the leading places where new ideas can come to life and impact lives.
- Feel motivated and driven by the scale and dynamism of everything happening around you.
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing great things. But what makes us different isn’t what we do, it’s how we do it. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do.
Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re Australia’s number one university for impact and among the nation’s Top 20 employers. And it’s why we come to campus each day.
If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why your role matters
As the Head of Finance Systems you will provide strategic and operational ownership of all finance systems, including the development and execution of a multi- year approach to running, developing, and transforming finance systems.
The Finance Systems team has ownership of the finance systems utilised within Finance and across UNSW, including NSF (PeopleSoft), Calumo, and Concur. The team is responsible for maintaining system functionality. The Head of Finance Systems will lead a team of six who maintain and manage the finance systems and data to support essential and critical finance processes. The Head of Finance Systems is accountable for the effective management and delivery of finance systems across UNSW through strategic leadership, expertise, and a continuous improvement focus.
Who you are
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or IT, CA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) and substantial experience in the management and development of complex financial management systems in a large and complex organisation.
- Subject matter expertise of financial management systems and auditor requirements to ensure the integrity of a large finance system.
- Proven experience and accountability working with PeopleSoft, Calumo, Concur and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strong leadership and communicate complex and technical concepts
- Extensive project management skills coupled with demonstrated experience in engineering, developing and continually improving system processes.
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience across a diverse organisation and demonstrated ability to strategically influence and negotiate at a senior level.
- Proven people management expertise in developing and leading a team
- Demonstrated success in developing and driving strategy and transformational strategy for the future direction of technology and systems.
- Change management experience to create a strong vision for change, ensure cooperation and enthusiasm, and ensure that stakeholders are comfortable with managing risk.
- Experience with an implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and developing business processes including re-engineering solutions to meet the needs of a large, multi-faceted, fast paced and changing organisation.
- Excellent business acumen and in the setting of priorities and allocation of resources, with proven project management skills to concurrently control and direct a range of multi-faceted projects.
- Significant customer engagement and change management experience across a diverse organisation, particularly the ability to vary communication styles as needed to interact with a range of different stakeholders.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter
Please note applications sent to the contact below can not be accepted.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend