Postdoctoral Fellow in Silicon Nanoelectronics and Quantum Metrology
Job no: 502141
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Joining a newly found research group you will conduct research in the area of silicon nanoelectronics and quantum computing. This role will give you the opportunity to develop nanoelectronic devices to support core research goals, contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals, seek and apply for external funding and supervise HDR students and research support staff.
The role of Postdoctoral Research Fellow reports to Dr Tuomo Tanttu and has no direct reports.
- Level B - Salary, $109,365 to $128,926 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 24 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Australia, we will be giving preference to applications from candidates currently residing in Australia and/or having Australian working rights.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research supported by strong track record of publications, conference papers, reports and/or professional and/or technical contributions in a relevant discipline area, with limited supervision.
- Strong background in semiconductor device physics.
- Experience in nanofabrication techniques, including electron beam lithography, and in electrical measurements at cryogenic temperatures.
- Strong track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Proven ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Demonstrated ability to supervisor honours and postgraduate research students.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description - Postdoctoral Fellow in Silicon Nanoelectronics and Quantum Metrology (502141).pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Thursday 8th July 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend