Job no: 502116
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Research Administration support, Engineer
Working within the graduate School of Biomedical Engineering you will fabricate and design microelectrode and mutli-optrode arrays using 3D printing and biomedical microfabrication techniques and CAD software to support research in the area of biomedical fabrication for a multidisciplinary team.
The role reports to Dr Dorna Esrafilzadeh and Dr Amr Al Abed, Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering and has no direct reports.
- Salary, Level 5/6: $75,832 to $94,709 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-Term role – 12 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This role is within the Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary degree in materials, chemicals, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering.
- Relevant experience in device design and fabrication.
- Relevant experience in material characterisation.
- Demonstrated experience with computer aided design software and 3D printing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and work effectively within interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level 6 (in addition to the above):
- Post-graduate experience (at least two years) in material development or the design and fabrication of devices for biomedical applications.
- Extensive working knowledge of 3D printing.
- Extensive working knowledge of methods used to assess printed devices.
- A track record for the synthesis and evaluation of novel materials for biomedical applications, or a track record for the design, fabrication and testing of novel biomedical devices for electrophysiology or brain-machine interfaces.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description - Research Engineer (502116).docx or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the skills and experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Sunday 27th June 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend