Research Associate in Chemical Engineering
Job no: 501943
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
As a Research Associate you will be working in the research facilities of Centre for Advanced Macromolecular Design (CAMD) and the Australian Centre for Nanomedicine (ACN). Your research will be focused on the development of novel photochemical polymerisation techniques and their use in the development of next-generation nanoarchitectures. This role will give you the opportunity to publish high-quality research and industrially relevant outcomes with the findings expected to be published in relevant journals and conferences.
This role will report to Professor Cyrille Boyer and has no direct reports.
- Level A - Salary, $98,342 to $105,185 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 12 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Australia, we will be giving preference to applications from candidates currently residing in Australia and/or having Australian working rights.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Chemical Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Previous experience with visible-light mediated polymerisation and/or flow chemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated track record to attract funding relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to adapt to changing project priorities and maintain an effective contribution to the delivery of project milestones within limited budgets.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description.
To Apply: Please click the apply now button and submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55 pm, Wednesday 3rd November 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend