Postdoctoral Fellow in Advanced Metallic Alloys
Job no: 501877
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
You will conduct research in the field of mechanical properties characterization of advanced metallic alloys. This position will give you the opportunity to develop your research skills and output across contributing to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals, preparing research proposals, participating in conferences and workshops, and working with industry partners.
The role reports to Associate Professor Bernd Gludovatz and has nil direct reports.
- Level A - Salary, $97,368 to $104,143 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – 12 months
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Australia, we will be giving preference to applications from candidates currently residing in Australia and/or having Australian working rights.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in mechanical engineering, materials science, or related area.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Experience in mechanical property research on metallic alloys (e.g., steels, Al alloys, superalloys, high entropy alloys, additive manufactured materials), including fracture toughness testing, fatigue testing, differential scanning calorimetry, x-ray diffraction, and advanced characterization of microstructures, processing induced mesostructures, and deformation substructures.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives, and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description - Postdoctoral Fellow in Advanced Metallic Alloys (501877).pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to the Skills and Experience. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Thursday 1st July 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend