Job no: 501816
Work type: Part-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture - Built Environment
- Fixed Term till 31st Dec 2021
- Part time - 28 hrs/per week
- $78,109 to $104,143 + 17% Super and Leave Loading
- Based at Kensington Campus- Sydney, Australia
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of UNSW’s newest faculty, Arts, Design & Architecture (ADA). Through creativity, collaboration and inclusion we seek and solve problems to improve life on earth. We listen, challenge, create and share diverse knowledge about people, place and culture to enable lives with purpose.
We are six Schools, six research centres, home to three prestigious ARC Laureates, the stunning Esme Timbery theatre and Creative Practice Lab, UNSW Galleries, iCinema, the Design Futures Lab, and multiple other maker spaces, Institutes, Labs and Studios across our Kensington and Paddington campuses.
As a new faculty, it is our priority to develop an Indigenous Strategy to affect long-term change in the educational outcomes of Indigenous students and the intellectual and cultural integrity of Indigenous teaching and research across the faculty.
The Postdoctoral Fellow (Level A) will conduct research within the High Performance Architecture Lab on the ARC project: Scalable daytime radiative cooling for buildings and the built environment
Specific accountabilities for this role include.
- Undertake discipline-appropriate research activities, e.g. surveys, literature reviews, data gathering and/or recording of results using appropriate research methods.
- Research on high-performance urban heat mitigation materials, including development and characterisation of elastocaloric and/or daytime radiative cooling materials.
- Assessment of the performance of these materials by means of computational optical methods, thermal and optical characterisation in the laboratory and outdoors
- Assessment of the benefits of heat mitigation materials in terms of building energy savings with dynamic building simulation
- Assessment of the benefits of heat mitigation materials in terms of reduction of the ambient temperature with local climate modelling
- Support the dissemination of research outcomes through appropriate channels and outlets.
- Participate in and/or present at conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required.
- Assist in the development of the High Performance Architecture Lab
- Contribute to the research environment of the High Performance Architecture research cluster
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Please ensure you address all the Skills & Experiences required, as listed in the Position Description, on a separate document.
Position Description - Postdoctoral Fellow Level A - BE.pdf
Steve Lalic - Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Tuesday 18th May 2021 10.00pm (AEST)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the skills & experience to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend