WIL Senior Industry Officer (Domestic)
Job no: 501764
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Business Development / Industry Engagement
Senior Industry Engagement Officer
- Relationship management position develop Work Integrated Learning opportunities
- $97,381 - $105,395 + 17% Super + Leave Loading
- 35 Hours Per Week | Permanent Position
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace in which the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
UNSW Business School equips the next generation of business professionals with the skills to thrive in an ever-changing world. We offer an extensive choice of programs designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the contemporary workplace. Our curriculum is built with a ‘career ready’ mindset and students are immersed in active learning experiences and exposed to practical skills and tools they can immediately apply to real business problems.
Ranked among the top 50 universities globally, we attract the highest potential students from Australia and around the world. Our researchers tackle the biggest economic, business and social challenges with partners around the world.
The Senior Industry Engagement Officer plays a key role within the Career Accelerator and Student Engagement team, through the high-level management of stakeholder relationships to secure Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and Career Development and Learning (CDL) opportunities for Business School and AGSM students, including practicum courses, mentoring and internships. You will work across existing courses and programs and partner with our Academics to turn their WIL ideas into a reality, through the excellent relationships you have developed with organisations across a variety of industry sectors.
- Develop and maintain internship and work integrated learning opportunities for UNSW Business School students in Australia, and at times overseas, in consultation with the Engagement Manager and Program Manager.
- Identify and engage with appropriate companies and organisations to partner with the Business School and AGSM for the provision of work integrated learning and career development opportunities, and implementation of the Faculty strategy.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to increase the number of students participating in work integrated learning and career development learning during their time at UNSW.
- Provide data and reports on engagement activity and other key performance areas.
- Leverage internal UNSW resources to ensure adequate professional training or pre-departure training for all students before industry placement in Australia or overseas.
- Promote work integrated learning opportunities to students in alignment with Business School and UNSW strategy, increasing the number of work-integrated-learning and placements on previous years.
- Contribute to student engagement strategies for digital, blended or experiential learning as required.
About the Successful Applicant
You must have excellent relationship management skills with the demonstrable abilities of influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. You will have the demonstrated ability to manage projects focused on specific outcomes that engage multiple stakeholders concurrently. You will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate openly and regularly with a range of stakeholders/client groups and to deliver high-quality public presentations. Experience in account management, sales or recruitment would be advantageous.
To Apply: Please submit your Cover Letter, CV and Responses to the Skills & Experience contained within the Position Description. You must submit your application online, we cannot accept emailed applications.
Contact: Ian Jones - Talent Acquisition Team Lead
T: 0404 809939
Applications close: 11 pm on Sunday 16th May 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend