Associate Professor - Global Health
Job no: 501746
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Associate Professor
- 5-Year Convertible Tenure Track, Full time position.
- Level D $158k – 174K (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Sydney, Australia based.
- Be part of Australia’s number one university for research excellence and impact.
The Associate Professor, Global Health is a leadership position, with a key role in leading and advancing outstanding teaching and research at a national and international level. The role of the Associate Professor in Global Health is to lead and contribute to teaching and curriculum development in Global Health within the undergraduate and postgraduate programs and lead and contribute to research and development in global health and health systems.
The successful candidate will be a recognised research leader with an outstanding track record in publications in peer reviewed journals and competitive funding. The position will contribute to leadership, service and academic administrative functions in the School of Population Health. See the position description for full details Associate Professor Global Health Level D
Skills and Experience:
- PhD degree or equivalent doctoral qualification.
- Extensive professional experience in global health and health systems
- Recognised as a leading authority in global health/health systems.
- Recognised research leader with outstanding track record in peer-reviewed publications and demonstrable grant success in competitive grants in global health, health systems or public health.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of quality undergraduate and postgraduate education programs in global health and development.
- Capacity to provide leadership, management and mentoring to colleagues in teaching and research.
- Demonstrated capacity to advance the broad global health, health systems and/or public health through effective engagement with relevant national and international bodies or groups.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor staff and work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a goal-directed manner yet collaboratively with other staff and external providers. • An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (for job related questions)
A/Professor Anita Heywood E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm 27th June 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. UNSW understands the importance of fostering a workplace culture that supports the work and life needs of its staff. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend