Finance Business Partner
Job no: 501618
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
- Level 10
- FBP for UNSW Information Technology
The Finance Business Partnering team is accountable for providing end-to-end finance services to Faculties and Divisions, including financial planning, forecasting and reporting, financial analysis and decision support, general accounting and transactional services across all funding sources. The role of the Finance Business Partner provides senior level financial advice and support to enhance business performance, aid decision making and support the achievement of operational and strategic objectives. The Finance Business Partner leads the Finance Analyst team supporting the Faculty/Division. The role of the Finance Business Partner reports to the Lead Finance Business Partner and has the Finance Manager as a direct report and manages a team of Finance Analysts indirectly.
- Partner with the Faculty/Division to develop, implement and achieve strategic and operational objectives through the provision of expert and high-quality financial advice and analysis to enhance and support management decision making, ensuring close engagement with the Faculty/Division to deliver exemplary financial partnering in the end-to-end operational finance processes.
- Oversee the provision of effective financial management of Faculty/Division financials, including financial planning, forecasting, monitoring, reporting and high quality financial support and services that are delivered in an efficient and timely manner, meeting the needs of the customer, Finance and the broader University.
- Guide and support the commercial and business management of the Faculty/Division and its component parts, including business case development and objective review, application of sound commercial principles in operations and the continuous exploitation of opportunities for efficiencies, ensuring alignment with Finance and University wide strategies.
- Where appropriate, comprehensively utilise available finance expertise from across Finance to deliver sound, pragmatic and executable financial and commercial recommendations and solutions.
- Lead the Faculty/Division Finance team, comprising a Finance Manager and a team of Finance Analysts, to continuously develop capability and optimise staff engagement, motivation and productivity to ensure the services delivered to the Faculty/Division are accurate, timely, aligned with University requirements and maintain a customer-centric culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, guidance, collaboration and active engagement across the Faculty/Division, Finance and broader University to drive forward initiatives, projects and pursue continuous improvement opportunities to deliver outstanding process and practise aligned to the vision and objectives for Finance.
- Meet customer and Finance needs by undertaking any other duties that are required commensurate with the role and level.
- Align with and actively demonstrate the UNSW Values in Action: Our Behaviours and the UNSW Code of Conduct.
- Implementing the UNSW Health and safety management system within your area of responsibility.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, CA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) and significant relevant professional experience.
- Significant expertise in core and complex financial management and financial control processes, commercial management, insight driven analysis and modelling, and providing actionable commercial and strategic advice in a complex organisation and at a senior level.
- Advanced audience appropriate communication, interpersonal, and senior stakeholder management skills and demonstrated ability to inform, persuade and negotiate successfully with a wide range of senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant leadership experience with demonstrated capability to identify and establish priorities and mentor, develop, and motivate the team to deliver value to senior stakeholders and customers.
- Proven capability to improve performance and streamline and simplify processes within a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated IT literacy comprising extensive experience with advanced knowledge of relevant programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and experience with enterprise systems.
To Apply: Please submit your CV & Cover Letter only.
Applications sent to the email address will not be considered.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications Close: Sunday the 18th of April 2021 @ 11.55PM
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend