Business Intelligence Analyst
Job no: 501532
Work type: Full-time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Administration, Information Technology, Research Administration support
- Broad exposure to modern technology stacks including MS Power BI, Azure and Drupal
- $97,381 - $105,395 + 17% super + leave loading
- 2-year Fixed Term Contract to May 2023
Reporting to the Data Engineer you will be responsible for providing business intelligence, data integration, reporting, web administration, and systems analysis expertise. This position is expected to utilise these technical skills in the development of end-to-end reporting solutions within BORIS, UNSW’s research performance metrics tool, and the maintenance and improvement of UNSW’s Researcher Profiles and Research Web.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training.
Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) and Engagement and Impact (EI) exercises, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
Skills and Experience
You are degree qualified with relevant experience in business intelligence and/or web administration as well as:
- Demonstrated experience with providing high quality client support to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach to work, ability to identify technical issues, contribute to business process improvements, and the ability to clearly document progress and solutions using software.
- Demonstrated experience in automated reporting or data warehousing using SQL, MS Azure business intelligence suite, or similar tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven technical skills regarding user acceptance testing, databases, data integration and leveraging Application Programming Interfaces (API).
- Excellent knowledge of systems, web-based applications, database packages and demonstrated experience in maintaining and improving enterprise systems.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures.
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: 02 9065 7058
Applications close: 11:55pm, Thursday 22nd April 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend