UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
• One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
• Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
• Strong commitment to staff development and learning
• Strong commitment to work life and family balance
• Generous superannuation opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Canberra is seeking a multidisciplinary focused Postdoctoral Fellow with experience in computational materials science. The successful applicant will have had experience performing calculations simulating the electronic structure of materials with exposure to experimental materials science.
About the Role:
Role: Postdoctoral Fellow
Salary: $97,368- $104,143 plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Fixed Term, until May 2023
About the Successful Applicants
To be successful in this role you will:
• Hold a PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or a related area.
• Be a communication champion, you can effectively communicate with a wide range of persons and methods.
• Be an innovator and able to apply this to your research.
In your application you should systematically address the skills and experience
outlined in the Position Description. In order to view the Position Description – please ensure that you allow pop-ups for Jobs@UNSW Portal.
An applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role. The position is located in Canberra, ACT. The successful candidate will be required to work from the UNSW Canberra campus.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Associate Professor Terry Frankcombe, Chief Investigator
P: 02 5114 5024
Applications Close: Sunday 2 May 2021, 11:30pm