Education Support Administrator
Job no: 501307
Work type: Full-time, Part-time
Location: Regional NSW
Education Support Administrator
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to several of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
The Education Support Administrator plays a key role within the Rural Clinical School making a significant contribution to the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies supporting the delivery of the undergraduate and post-graduate programs at each campus. The role provides administrative capacity and logistical support for rural students and academics in learning, teaching and program activities through highquality on-campus activities ensuring educational requirements are delivered at a high standard.
The role has a close working relationship with the Director of Medical Education, Academic Phase Coordinators, Campus Services Coordinator and other Education Support and Campus Services staff to enhance the rural educational experience of our students. The role will promote engagement and build positive relationships with stakeholders, visitors and local communities.
About the role
- Based at Wagga Wagga campus, with the Faculty of Medicine & Health
- $75,832 + 17% Superannuation + leave loading
- Permanent position, 35 hours per week
- A job share arrangement maybe considered for this position
The role reports to the Education Support Administrator and has no direct reports.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent level of knowledge and competence gained through another combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the coordination, implementation and review of programs, projects, scheduling and other educational support initiatives, ensuring confidentiality, discretion and tact where required.
- Proven initiative and demonstrated problem-solving skills working in a high-volume, process driven educational environment with multiple tasks and competing deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and accountability.
- A performance-oriented approach with strong time-management and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate with people at all levels including from diverse backgrounds and cultures, verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of contributing positively to team dynamics, building professional relationships, demonstrating integrity, and supporting management decisions and strategic direction.
- Sound computer literacy with excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and an ability to learn and gain competence in UNSW systems-based applications in a timely manner.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
Your application should address the Skills and Experience listed within the position description.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact officer listed.
Ph: 02 6933 5119
Applications close: 11:55pm, Tuesday 9 March 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend