Specialist – Cyber Security Operations
- Continuing Role
- level 7 Position - attractive salary
The Specialist – Cyber Security Operations is a key position in the Security Infrastructure Operations team responsible for the implementation, configuration, and support of cyber security services across multiple environments including on-premises, public, and hybrid cloud.
The Specialist will have knowledge and experience with cloud native security services in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft 365, and traditional security controls such as firewalls, endpoint security, secure email gateways, and data loss prevention. The role will be responsible for incident response including monitoring, analysis, and remediation of cyber threats working closely with our MSSP providers, security vendors, and the CSIRT team.
The role reports to the Head of Cyber Security Operations and has no direct reports.
Skills and Experience
• A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training, and experience.
• Minimum three years of combined industry experience in any of the following areas: security
operations, incident response, penetration testing, governance, or consulting.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and configuring security controls such as SIEM, firewalls, endpoint security, and secure email gateways
• Demonstrated experience in managing and configuring cloud native security services across cloud
environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft 365 to secure
cloud infrastructure and hosted enterprise applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven capacity to exercise initiative, flexibility and to be proactive in development of robust solutions to problems.
• Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and
• CISSP, CISM, SANS GIAC GCIH/GCFA, OSCP certifications are highly desirable but not required.
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers.