Campus Services Assistant
Job no: 501302
Work type: Full-time
Location: Regional NSW
Campus Services Assistant
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to several of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
The Campus Services Assistant plays a key role within the Rural Clinical School providing ‘front of house’ support for students, staff and visitors through high-quality customer and campus services that ensure the logistical on-campus activities and educational requirements are delivered at a high standard.
The role will have a close working relationship with the Campus Services Coordinator and Education Support staff and provide assistance exercising initiative, discretion and confidentiality, enhancing the educational experience of our students and staff. The role will promote engagement and build positive relationships with stakeholders, visitors and local communities.
About the role
- Based at Wagga Wagga campus, with the Faculty of Medicine & Health
- $69,522 + 17% Superannuation + leave loading
- Permanent position, 35 hours per week
The role reports to the Campus Services Coordinator and has no direct reports.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent level of knowledge and competence gained through another combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in and commitment to excellent customer service with an ability and willingness to support students, staff, visitors and remote enquirers.
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, process driven administrative environment with multiple tasks and competing deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven initiative and problem-solving skills experience working on confidential and sensitive matters and the ability to exercise discretion and tact when required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels including from diverse backgrounds and cultures, verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of contributing positively to team dynamics, building professional working relationships and supporting management decisions and strategic direction.
- Sound computer literacy with excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and an ability to learn and gain competence in UNSW systems-based applications in a timely manner
Your application should address the Skills and Experience listed within the position description.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact officer listed.
Ph: 02 6933 5119
Applications close: 11:55pm, Tuesday 9 March 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend